will get you there. You’ll find most of the post here, but you’ll need to finish it at the new site — so — why not link to it right now? Oh — and don’t forget to change your feed address. New posts will no longer be found here after February 1, 2008]
So hubby and I are excited about this tax rebate thing… looks like we fit in that middle class group that will get $1200 back from the federal government.
We reflected on the rebate for a few moments, and the thoughts by legislators and the president alike — why they voted “yes.” I share their thoughts with you:
- The economy is a mess. We need to make people spend more money to improve it.
- If we GIVE them money, they will have more to spend.
- We want voters to re-elect us in November , and if we give them money, they will like us and vote for us.
So here’s little old me, wondering the following:
- Mr. President and Ms/Mr Legislator — excuse me — but wasn’t that my money to begin with? I sent you a WHOLE lot more than that last year, and I’ll be sending you a WHOLE lot more this year. I don’t believe you are “giving” me anything!
- And one other question — where did all this extra money come from that you have to give back to me? All I hear about is the escalating costs of the war in Iraq and the hole that has put in the federal budget. So who exactly are you taking money away from so you can give it back to me?
Those thought processes would be enough to share in today’s post….but…. why stop now?
I got to thinking that health insurers should begin to take a page from the federal government’s book…
Find this entire post at my new blogsite: www.EveryPatientsAdvocate.com/blog